Thursday, June 21, 2007

They leave today


The Anchorage group, pretty much most of the team I trained with this summer season.
They'll get on the plane this afternoon for the loooooong flight from Dallas to Alaska.
No running for them yesterday, just last minute fund-raising at Cantina Laredo.
I had to work late so I didn't get to buy anything, I just ate, and drank.
This is Terri's ninth marathon.
Not sure how many this makes for Laura, our captain, but I imagine it's up there, too. Afterall, she's done the Goofy Challenge at Disney. I am not quite sure how one can run a half marathon one day and a full marathon the next. But if anyone can do it, she can.

Here's to the team, again. We'll celebrate them next Wednesday and hear all about their run, their rafting trip and whether or not they gave the keys to Coach Neil to drive the van. He's kind of a...scary driver.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alaska was great! The Michigan team did fantastic. I don't remember seeing any Texas people but I'm sure I passed them.

TNT Coach Ken