Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Good morning, Mary


Ah, the best part of vacation is that you can have a bloody mary instead of coffee while reading the paper in the morning.
Sorry for y'all who have to work today.

Anyway, back to Mary...
These are must-haves for the perfect bloody mary -- tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, celery (I was out), celery salt, pepper, Spanish olives, tabasco sauce, limes (OK, this is a given for any household, people). Look for that tangy, spicy flavor.
In a pinch, a mixer will do if you haven't been to the store...

It's good to start with a great vodka.
This is my choice. (No money changed hands, it's just true).
Actually, vodka is a great all-day drink. One can start with a bloody mary, move to a screwdriver (OJ for you rookies out there), switch to cranberry juice (a Cape Cod), then end the evening with a vodka tonic.



Believe me, don't mix your grains or you'll make yourself sick switching poisons...
I speak from experience, I used to be a bartender.
Here's to all of you hard at work.
Cheers.

6 comments:

Motownrunner said...

You are hilarious.

I have a friend Mary and when we went out to the bar we used to introduce ourselves as Margarita and Bloody Mary. But only after I punched her. Haha.

liz said...

ha! see, that's what happens when you mix your grains!

Sam said...

one word: borracha

HAHAHA

liz said...

sammy, sammy. tell me that you don't need a drink and some food right about now?

Sam said...

right about now... who needs food? pass the bottle, baby. And forget all that sissy tomato juice, tabasco, lime... and cup.

Motownrunner said...

i like to change my colors every once in a while. keeps things fresh....and now to the whole borracha thing, do you have a headache today??? two words: gas station.