Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Dr. is IN


I couldn't help but take a picture this morning when I opened my eyes and saw my dear doggie gazing at me. I thought for a second that she was going to take my pulse or something. She always worries when I am sick.
I got hit by a 36-hour bug thing that really kicked my ass. Fever to 101, cough, couldn't breathe, ears all stopped up. Sniff. Slurp. Ugh. You get the picture.
And I don't even want to think about how far behind I am on my training because of knee problems and illness. Scary stuff, prolly for another post...
I left work Wednesday afternoon around 3 because I was achy and could feel the heat coming off my eyelids. Not to mention the weird sound when I breathe.
Once home, I took some over the counter drugs, got in my sweats and socks and wrapped a blanket around myself.
Then I watched Oprah. Then I had some chicken soup and decided I needed another chick moment to help facilitate making me feel better, so I saw "You've Got Mail" (again) with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
I really like that movie.
Sleep was necessary, I think I crashed for nearly 10 hours. Good thing because couldn't rest Friday because I had to go into work after calling in sick...

There's still some foggy things in my head, but I am in some pretty good care here with this little pooch. Now if I could only teach her to mix a drink or pour a glass of wine...
I think it's really getting close to time for her summer shave.
Only one more cold spell and it'll be all gone.

2 comments:

Motownrunner said...

Oprah is like the sick person's TV show. And then there's always Meg Ryan movies. I cleaned my house yesterday, well, let's just say, I straightened out my shoes, and I am totally stuffed up from breathing dust!!!

liz said...

straightened your shoes?! sounds like there are many...