Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Kirstie Alley's Big Life"

I'm a little behind on TV -- I just caught Kirstie Alley's new show, it's supposed to chronicle her weight loss journey -- again.
I feel kind of sleazy saying 'again' like I'm judging her. Not even!
She talked about the struggle -- going from 118 pounds when she first started acting to gaining 12 pounds in a pregnancy which she lost, and the media called her "fat" then, after gaining pregnancy weight, and losing the child.
She weighed in Sunday for the world to see -- 230 lbs and she wants to go down to 140. That's a 90-lb loss. Especially for a woman who talks so much about how she LOVES to eat. I will just shut up about the 15-pound loss I'd like to see happen for me...
When asked by her handyman why she wants to lose weight, Alley thought about it. Nothing to do with health so much, she said.
She talked about how she hates "feeling" how she feels when she is fat, and how she can't stand to look at her pictures from a show or magazine calling her out about her weight. Plus, she said, the Papparazzi always seems to photograph her in the most AWFUL angles as well.
And we think we have it bad, being embarassed by our weight, struggling to lose it.
At least we don't have to do it in front of the media.

No comments: