Friday, March 05, 2010

'...oh, we're halfway there...'


The week of starting over was not really complete-- I still haven't tried my new shoes.
Part of the routine is finding the balance between work and personal. This was a week of 10 or 11- hour days, and this morning, it was fog from a dose of cherry Tussin cough syrup with codeine.
So let's see: food intake wasn't bad -- lots of fruit, veggies, proteins, scheduled snacks, limited alcohol. No greasy fast foods.
Sleep-- not so good. I realize I do need 8 hours. I stay up too late. Gotta change that. I work out best between 7-8 a.m.
I can think about it, write it down and get ready for it, but until I live it, really totally, I'm just halfway there.
I am hearing Bon Jovi in my head.
Halfway is better than nothing, today that's how I feel.
I'm living on a prayer, lots of them.
So next week will and can only be better.

3 comments:

Motownrunner said...

Rest, IMHO, is more important than exercise.

You are getting your mind and body ready!! IJS

Motownrunner said...

Nice shoosies

Stella said...

You can do it, Liz!