Friday, May 25, 2007

The jersey, the journey


I'll never forget the first time I saw a Team In Training jersey. It was on display at an information tent/booth at one of the running events that I went to with Sarah and our friend Kathy several years ago while Sarah and Kathy were in training for their duathlon.
I was captivated by the color purple -- my favorite.
I wished that one day I would have the courage, the stamina, the will to train for something.
Anything.
Well, here's my jersey.
It's beautiful, isn't it?
Nine days until the marathon.

6 comments:

Regina Medina said...

Way to go, Liz!!! Didn't know a jersey could have so much power... but it does!

I'll be thinking of you, hermana!

Huggie-pooh,
Regina

Motownrunner said...

Go Liz!
We'll be rooting for you.

My favorite marathon sings:
Dig Deep (you'll appreciate this at mile 23)
I can't believe you've run 20 miles and still look so hot in those sorts.
I run so I can look good naked..
Get out of my way, b*tch! Actually, that's not a sign. Remember, this is your mantra during the race.
I'm sooooooo proud.

Amy said...

I am a little more self destructive than M. My favorite mantra is "keep going, you lazy bitch". Haha

Al Durham said...

Remember - Real men and women wear purple.

My favorite marathon sign:
"You look good, and looking good is hard work!"

Good luck Liz!

Unknown said...

Go Purple People!!! My favorite marathon yell,'you look good...and you're running okay too'!!!!

TNT Coach Ken

Amy said...

Wow, you guys are all way more positive than me. What a surprise.