Monday, May 28, 2007

Last call

OK, so I had some cocktails Sunday night!
It's all good, it is kind of a last call type thing because I have to hydrate this week.
Marathon is in six days.
Sarah and I went Sunday night to J.Gilligans, an awesome hangout in Arlington. It's where every University of Texas at Arlington student (and old hippy types) like to hang out.
The night's entertainment was a band called The B Street Band, a Bruce Springsteen cover band. Our friends Larry and Sandy flew them in from Jersey to play their Empty Nest/Graduation party. Their daughters each graduated this week.
The band was awesome! I had a blast, along with five (or was it six) Killian's Irish Red beers. : |
No more drinking until after the marathon.
Seriously.
Like I said, it was kind of like a last call type thing. That's why I drank so much. Just saying...

Anyway, the party was for Sandy and Larry and their girls -- Katie and Sarah, who both graduated, college and high school, respectively. Judging by their dancing and singing along, these girls were raised on Springsteen.
We danced all night, ate Irish potato skins and Mexican nachos. Beer. Yum.
The highlight for me, besides the fun and fellowship, was when I got to strum the lead guitarists guitar during their final song, "Born to Run." How appropriate. And I got his pick.
How freaking cool is that?
Did I say it's six days until the marathon?

photos:
top: datbury.blogspot.com
bottom: ncm.com

6 comments:

Amy said...

Work is no fun without play. Good luck in your last week of prep and at the marathon. I am sure you will do great!!!

Motownrunner said...

rock star liz
rock star springsteen
actually i was never much of a springsteen fan tho i do like oh mary don't you weep.
i also like the picture of his butt on the born in the usa album.
rock it at the rock and roll!!! don't miss the pasta party by the way. it's a must do, hermana.

World of Isaac said...

good luck in the marathon

Gotta Run..... said...

I also had a "last call" this weekend with a 50k race this coming Sunday. hope I don't try another tonight :).

Best of luck on your marathon.

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Party like a rock star!!! I'm so jealous that you got to strum the guitar and got the pick. I'm so coveting your life right now. Except for the marathon. That's all yours. Best wishes on the run!! =)

Ty said...

Go Liz, go! I'll be cheering you on. I talked about you in therapy today. I'll be blogging about that tonight.
Anyway, run on, run on!!!!